For Your Business
Distributed Meter Rooms
The Distributed Meter Room Program (DMR) is part of an effort by Washington Gas to bring down the initial cost of including natural gas in your multi-family project. Builders, developers, architects, and engineers benefit from the use of the DMR program in new construction high-rise multi-family apartments and condominiums. The DMR program locates the meters in central gas meter rooms on each floor within a new construction high-rise multi-family building. By locating the meters within central meter rooms on each floor, Washington Gas helps minimize the associated cost of gas piping incurred by building owners, and allows residents to experience the benefits of having individual gas billing.
The DMR Program is available for use in new construction high-rise (5-stories or greater above finished grade) multi-family buildings. However, if you’re multi-family project has fewer stories, our Engineered Sales professionals will still work with you to incorporate either the DMR program or an alternative configuration for optimal cost savings.
What are the benefits of using the DMR program?
- Washington Gas installs and maintains the piping up to and including the natural gas meter, saving you time and money.
- You will have a more standardized design for natural gas installation, making it easier for you to design a building to use natural gas. As a result, design bid prices should reflect the reduced design hours and costs.
- Sales professionals, property managers and residents will benefit from using efficient, environmentally friendly natural gas products for their heating and water heating needs, and enjoy the ambiance and convenience of products such as fireplaces, ranges, gas grills, pools, and spas.
- Property managers will no longer bear the responsibility of gas billings.
- Residents will be encouraged to conserve energy because they have their own individual gas service meters.
How To Reach Us
Find out if you can benefit from using the new DMR program. The cost savings are great and residents will enjoy the benefits of having premium natural gas appliances. Builders serving the multifamily market should contact:
- Jennifer Eugene, Manager Specialty Sales and Engineering
- Robert Postell, Sales Engineer
- Heath Kalmanson, Sales Engineer
Or complete the online Service Request Form