For Your Home
Ranges & Dryers
Natural gas ranges are preferred by the world's best chefs and people who do the cooking in their own homes. A natural gas range turns instantly on and instantly off, provides even heat, is easy to clean, and offers variable temperature control. And with a wide range of styles to choose from, it's easy to match any décor.
- Ignition - Many of the new natural gas cooking products use an electronic or spark ignition, rather than a continuously burning pilot light - resulting in energy savings.
- Sizes & Shapes - Natural gas cooking products come in many sizes and shapes. Most familiar is the free-standing range, which includes a cook top and an oven. Also available are built-in ranges, which either slide or drop in to a space between cabinets.
- Commercial style ranges - Commercial style ranges are now available for home installation. They have chrome or stainless steel finishes and multiple burners and ovens. These ranges are built with extra safety measures and insulation added specifically for home use.
- Gas Cook tops – Cook tops are made of stainless steel or steel coated with porcelain or glass. Modular cook tops may have a unit that allows you to pop in a grill, rotisserie or wok. Standard models have four burners but some models have two, five or six burners. Some have a grill or griddle unit in the center or on either side of the burners.
- Burners - Sealed burners are popular because they are much easier to clean than open burners. Standard, unsealed burners produce about 9,000 Btu per hour. (A Btu or British thermal unit is a standard measure of heat or energy output.) Sealed burners range from as much as 12,500 Btu per hour to 5,000 Btu per hour for simmering.
- Easy Clean-up - Look for features that make clean-up easier. These features include removable control knobs, porcelain drip pans under the burners, glass or porcelain back guards (rather than painted), raised edges around the cook top to keep spills under control, and seamless corners and edges.
To find out more about natural gas ranges, ovens, and cooktops, Request a Free Products for the Home Buyers Guide. You may also visit our Online Video Library to get helpful tips on selecting the best natural gas home heating system for your home.
Interested in converting to natural gas? Click here to find out how!