For Your Home
Rebates In Virginia!
How To Apply
Here are some great tips to follow to get your rebate quickly and easily!
- Read rebate application form and discuss with licensed contractor, arrange to make the required purchase(s), have them installed or performed by a licensed contractor, then complete and mail your rebate application, along with required backup materials during the program period.
- File for rebate as soon as possible. Each rebate program has a specific time period during which you can purchase and submit your information to receive your rebate. You must make your purchase within the dates stated on the rebate form. Make sure you mail in your completed form before the printed submission date. You should always try to send in your form as soon as possible, because there are a limited number of rebates available and once that number has been reached, there will be no more rebate forms processed. The earlier the better! Please note that we are not responsible for submissions that are lost, damaged, misdirected or delayed in the mailing process. Also, the limitation on the number of people who can qualify for the offer means that the earlier you send yours; the better the chance will be for you to receive a rebate.
- Fill out the form completely. Complete all of the information requested on your rebate application form, do not leave anything blank. If we ask for it, it means we need it to verify your purchase! Print clearly, preferably with black or blue ink, using block letters. The easier to read, the better –since, if we can’t read it, we can’t process it. Be sure to sign the rebate form.
- Check all the requirements for your rebate. Your rebate form will list exactly what you need to purchase and have installed or which service you need to have performed, to receive your rebate. Check for the exact equipment, make, model, and serial number. The rebate form will list the type of product(s) and all of the requirements so that you can ensure you have purchased the correct product(s) and service, and that it was installed by a licensed contractor. If you think you may not have purchased the required product, check with the vendor where you made your purchase or the licensed contractor who installed equipment or provided service. Check your form to locate any additional information that is needed. These rebates require you to send specific proofs of purchase so don’t throw anything away! You may be required to send in license numbers, copy of your gas bill, or other items necessary to qualify, so always check over your rebate form very carefully to make sure you have followed all specific instructions. All products must be installed by a licensed contractor to be eligible for a rebate through this program and only current and prospective customers of Washington Gas with valid Virginia account numbers will be eligible. Standard Proofs of Purchase Invoices/Contracts – Your service provider, installer, or contractor should provide you with an invoice/contract as your proof of purchase. You should circle the purchase on your slip to enable us to identify the right purchase. Check your rebate form closely to see whether all of the requirements have been met.
- Make a photocopy of everything. If we have any questions about anything you are submitting, your photocopies may help us resolve them. This will also assist you if you need to follow-up on your rebate submission. Make sure to note your offer number so that you can check your status online. Without copies of everything you sent in it may be difficult to resolve potential issues that may occur.
- Mail your submission. Mail your completed rebate form along with all additional required backup information to the address given on your rebate form. Make sure you provide the proper postage for your mailing, especially if you are required to send in proof of previous purchases for upgrades. Rebates should be processed within 6 to 8 weeks of our receipt of a complete and valid rebate application form along with all materials necessary to qualify. Note: A certain percentage of rebate application forms will be selected for audit to ensure all rules and procedures are followed by the applicant. Such audits may extend the payment time referenced above by 3 to 6 weeks. If it has been 12 weeks since you mailed your submission and you have not yet received your rebate, please call 877-240-9183 for your status.
- Create an Account to track your rebate. Should you have any questions about the status of your rebate please call 877-240-9183.